The 2014 Women's Herbal Conference Teachers & Schedule
August 22nd ~ 24th, 2014
Schedule will be updated on August 4th. Please check back on Monday! Thank You
ABOUT THE 2014 WHC SCHEDULE
- There will most likely a few changes to this schedule ~ We’ll post a finalized updated schedule on the WHC website (www.womensherbalconfernce.com) on August 1. At the WHC participants will receive an abbreviated schedule w/class titles, teachers and classrooms listed, but not class descriptions. So be sure to download the updated version after August 1 if you’d like to have a copy of the schedule with class descriptions.
- Workshops are designated for beginner (Begin) and Intermediate/Advanced (Inter/Adv.) when applicable. If not specified, it’s generally considered appropriate for all levels. These are general classifications and are meant to serve as guidelines only. You are welcome to attend any workshop that appeals to you regardless of your level of knowledge or expertise.
- Circle within a Circle, our special program for young women between 13-18, is included in the regular schedule (see below). Young women can choose to go to the Circle classes or regular classes.
- The Kids Kamp Schedule for youngster between the ages of 2-12 is available at the WHC. If you’d like to offer an activity or class for the children at Kids Kamp, please contact email@example.com. Classes and activities for kids are around 30-45 minutes. Please note: ALL children over two and teens have to be pre-registered. Thank you.
We Joyfully Welcome You To 27th Annual
NEW ENGLAND WOMEN'S HERBAL CONFERENCE
Honoring the Wisdom of our Ancestors
August 22nd ~ 24th, 2014
Camp Wicosuta, New Found Lake, New Hampshire
We hope the hardest decision you have to make all weekend is deciding which of the amazing classes to attend! May your minds be stretched; your hearts opened. Make new friends. Play. Meet challenges with a smile! Experience the new! Greet each person from the warmth of your heart. Laugh lots! Let the tears flow. Get hugs! Swim! Sing for your soul. And dance, dance for joy, and dance for your dreams…May our time together be a delicious feast for the soul.
Classroom Areas & Key to Abbreviations
Class Rooms & Class Tents ~
IX CHEL = Staff Lounge Eagle Woman = Social Hall Bast = Arts & Craft Room
EVE = MH Kitchen
Rhiannon = Bunkhouse #1
Artemis = Dance Studio
High Priestess = Tent A
Isis = Tent B
Ishtar = Tent C
Spider Woman = Tent D
Kuan Yin = Tent E
Pele = Fire Circle/Old Pine
Flora/HW = herb walks meet by Basketball court near Main House
Other Buildings & Spaces ~
Morgan La Fay/WHC Info Booth = Little Shed by pool
Venus/Emporium = Gym
Red Temple/Changing woman = BH #7
Arianhod/Purifcation Lodge area = Behind BH #9
White Shell Woman/DH = Dinning Hall
Demeter/Kids Kamp = Bunkhouse #18 & Dance Pavilion
Athena/Circle w/in Circle = Bunkhouse #22
Kaltes/First Aide Station = Main House/Health Center
MH = Main House/Health Center/Kitchen
- Herb Walks meet rain or Shine. If raining, just wear rain gear and enjoy!
- Susan Leopold, Executive Director for United Plant Savers, will be at the UpS Booth with the amazing new At Risk Tool. How do we determine if a medicinal plant is ‘at risk’? Stop by the UpS booth and see how the At Risk Tool works. Learn now to run tests on your favorite herbs and see where they fit on the spectrum from abundant to ‘at risk’.
- Treat yourself to a professional MASSAGE. $65 per one-hour massage. Sign up at the WHC Information Booth. (Sign up early as these slots fill quickly).
- Herbal Consultations w/Kay Parent, Community Herbalist, RH (AHG). Kay is offering 1 1/2hr private consultations as a fundraiser for UpS. 50% of all fees are donated to UpS. Kay is a skilled herbal/energetic practitioner with17 years of consultation experience. Cost: Sliding scale: $75-$175. Sign up: on wall near registration. (Kay’s Consultation Tent is found near the horse corral behind stable; follow signs)
- Rocio Alarcon, beloved teacher and renowned Ecuadorian shaman, will be offering individual Shamanic Healing Sessions. Sign up in advance during registration or at the WHC info booth. Suggested donations paid directly to Rocio or her assistant: sliding scale of $50 - $75 for ½ hour sessions; $100-$150 for one hour sessions. Meet Rocio at the Gazebo; please be on time.
- Sandy Corcoran, author of Shamanic Awakening, will be offering mini-Thoth Tarot readings at her booth in the Herbal Emporium throughout the weekend. 15 minute readings $20/half hour readings $45.
- Backcountry Recordings will be recording most of the lectures; audio recordings will be available for sale during the conference or can be ordered from Backcountry Recording; (904) 460-2379 http://www.backcountryrecording.com/; info@BackcountryRecording.com